- Category: News
Firmac spent 3 days last week at Scarborough Engineering Week (11-13 October). The event, which is in it’s 7th year, welcomed primary and secondary school children to learn about careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) subjects. Firmac apprentices were on hand to talk about apprenticeships and the role of engineering in a modern company.
Firmac supports Engineering Week as part of an ongoing programme to promote engineering to students in the local area.
The event was hugely popular with aspiring engineers who have the opportunity to see and hear about opportunities in local manufacturing and engineering businesses. Firmac was one of many local organisations including, GCHQ, McCain, Dale Power Solutions and Unison Ltd who support this annual event.
- Category: News
Firmac will be attending the Big 5 International Building and Construction Show in Dubai.
Learn from the experts about the latest developments in Duct Forming Machine and Flange Technology.
HALL 1 - Stand G40
- Category: News
From October 18 to 29 October inclusive, Firmac will be offering the Nu-Loc Duct Seamer with Mastic Injection for the price of the standard Nu-Loc. The Nu-Loc will be on show on the Firmac stand alongside a number of other high quality Firmac machinery and flanges including:
- CGF3 Flange - Virtually air tight, this revolutionary flange has no stitching or spot welding.
- Pod-Line - producing attenuators or 'silencer' pods with excellent sound absorbing properties.
- Slide on Flange Line - producing up to 40 linear meters of flange in 1 minute.
- STR-750, Square to Round Duct Former - making square to round fittings in less than 2 minutes - with one one join.
Please call the sales team for more information.
Terms and Conditions apply.
- Category: News
When deciding which duct forming machine to buy - consider these 10 advantages to buying a dedicated machine.
- The main reason to buy a dedicated machine is quality of product. This machine has been designed for a specific purpose and therefore the best possible duct will be consistently produced. This is not a compromise or a bolt-on
- No need for compromise. This machine is “fit for purpose” and therefore more reliable and more efficient
- Optimum output. It will produce faster, saving time and increasing productivity
- Automation will ensure quality production at a much faster rate
- Operator friendly. It has been designed for a specific purpose and will be simpler, more intuitive and require less operator intervention
- Compact - efficient use of floor space
- The production process will be smoother as the material handling will be under control at all times - contrary to modular systems
- Full factory testing gives the customer protection - you see what you are getting
- Installation time of new machinery will be shorter and production downtime reduced
- You have more flexibility for future growth. When you decide to upgrade your machinery you will be choosing the latest and most up-to-date technology and won’t be restricted to old outdated equipment as part of a bolt on upgrade
Firmac is the world leading manufacturer of metal duct forming machinery. All machines are designed and built by duct working experts in the UK.
Following quickly on the heels of the recent “Business of the Year 2015” success at the Chamber Bridlington and Yorkshire Coast Business Awards (CBYCBA) ceremony, Firmac has won the Scarborough News Business Awards 2015 “Export Achievement of the Year”.
Fighting off stiff competition, the Scarborough based firm which designs and manufacturers duct forming machinery for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) market, impressed the judges with their record of exports to Europe, the Middle East and Russia.
Lewis Firth, Managing Director comments, “We are very pleased to have been presented with this award. Firmac has a strong export record and Firmac machines are working hard for customers across the world. We pride ourselves on producing high quality machinery, which is durable and reliable. In a market where machines from the Far East have been flooding the market, Firmac has held a strong position by innovating and producing machinery, which is faster and more accurate than the Chinese Far East competition. Customers see increased productivity and better return on their investment.”
Firmac is the only ductwork machinery manufacturer that designs and manufactures entirely in the UK.
Only 2 weeks until the start of the Big 5 Dubai, the largest construction show in the Middle East.
Come and see us on stand 2A77.
The show is held at the Dubai World Trade Centre and runs from 23-26th November 2015.
Following on recent success at the Chamber Bridlington and Yorkshire Coast Business Awards, Firmac has been shortlisted in four categories in the Scarborough News Business Awards.
Firmac will find out the results of the awards on 20th November where they are competing for the: Large Business, Export Achievement, Apprentice of the Year and Lifetime Achievement awards.
Firmac recently won the Best Medium/ Large Business Award and the Business of the Year Award 2015 at the Chamber Bridlington and Yorkshire Coast Business Awards.
Firmac has recently spent three days at the Spa, Scarborough, 13-15 September talking to primary and secondary school children about the role of an engineer at the company. Along with many other local engineering businesses, Firmac was supporting an annual event aimed at promoting STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) subjects to local schools.
Scarborough Engineering Week, now in its 6th year welcomed thousands of students to the show.
Firmac apprentices were present for the whole event to talk to both students and parents about apprenticeships and the type of roles available at Firmac for school leavers. Firmac supports Engineering Week as part of an ongoing programme to promote engineering to students in the local area.