Firmac Ltd. was formed in 1985 as a sister company to Firth Sheet Metal Ltd. who had previously been Duct Manufacturers for twenty years. At that time general dissatisfaction throughout the industry due to a lack of automation led Firmac’s founder, Colin Firth, to design their first machine, the Nuloc Duct seaming machine closely followed by the ADF (Auto Duct Former).
- 1985 - Founded by Colin & George Firth
- 1987 - First machines sold into Germany
- 1991 - Firmac expands and builds purpose built Factory to accomodate demand
- 1992 - Wins Yorkshire Business of the Yeat
- 1994 - Firmac enters Russian & Middle East Markets
- 1997 - Gains recognition from European leaders